Monday, August 25, 2008

Time to get serious

Ok, so I am behind in my training. But I did get in over 40 miles this past week. All in three long runs. Yesterday I did my longest run to date - 19 miles. I should have had a 20 under my belt a couple weeks ago. All this traveling and eating has left me bloated and not ready for the Twin Cities in October. So, I have decided that I probably will not make a PR on this upcoming race. But, if I want to finish feeling good, without injury, I've got to get more serious about my training. Time to kick it up a notch. Perhaps this blog will make me more accountable. Here's my training plan for this week:

Tuesday, 5 miles
Wednesday, 10 miles
Thursday, 5 miles
Friday, rest
Saturday, 10 miles
Sunday, 20 miles

Let the serious running begin.

No comments: